Kaleidoscope Connect: SMS Message Delivery
SMS Delivery is a measure of the percentage of outgoing SMS messages which are received at their intended destination. While sometimes referring to the status of a single message, SMS delivery usually is a rate of delivered versus intended messages and summarized as the 'SMS Delivery Rate.'
SMS Delivery and Reliability
Whether sending a text message from a phone or through Kaleidoscope, the nature of the short messaging service means some percentage of SMS messages will never be delivered.
Common Causes of Text Message Delivery Failure
There are quite a few places where SMS delivery might fail, especially as messages move through the interfaces between pieces of infrastructure.
Although not an exhaustive list, common failure vectors include:
- Telecommunications Networks and Carriers
- End-Device Errors and Exceptions
- Invalid Numbers or Information
Best Practices to Increase Deliverability
The content are the best places to improve your deliverability:
- Ensure phone numbers are correct and can receive phone calls and SMS.
- Make sure your message is not 'spammy.'
- Include clear opt-out instructions,
- precise language,
- proper capitalization and punctuation,
- and limit use of Emojis or special characters.
With these best practices, you'll ensure high SMS delivery rates. High-quality content will ensure you see the highest possible deliverability.